Friday, September 22, 2006

Calm Before the Storm

Ran 1.3 miles @ 7:55/mile pace.

Today I just ran the warm up and cool down with the high school XC team. It was just a maintenance run to keep my legs from getting rusty.

I head to Vermont tomorrow to compete in the Vermont 50. It'll be the farthest I've ever run. I'm a bit nervous, but I feel I've trained well for it and am ready to go.

Weather forecast hasn't improved much. In fact, not only is there a 70% chance of rain, but the National Weather Service is calling for 20mph winds with gusts as high as 40 mph. That's pretty much the same conditions I encountered at the MDI Marathon last year. I did fine with that and I'm sure this will be okay as well.

I've been carbing up the past few days by eating a lot of pasta, bagels and pretzels. That'll continue tomorrow, and I'm also baking a loaf of milk bread for the trip.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Good luck! Can't wait to hear what 50 miles is like.

Darrell said...

Jamie, welome to the RBF. I'm envious of your marathon times. Good luck in the Vermont 50!