Monday, September 18, 2006

Continuing the Taper

1) Ran 2.0 miles @ 8:05/mile pace
2) Ran 2.0 miles @ 8:48/mile pace

Today I ran with the high school cross country team, which I'm the assistant coach for. I only did the 2 mile warm up and 2 mile cool down with the team, while they did 3 X 1 mile repeats.

Both runs felt good. My quads are still pretty sore from the speed workout on Friday, but I have a feeling that as long as I take it easy this week, I'll be more than okay for the Vermont 50. I've run the Pemi Loop in the White Mountains (33.3 miles, 10 peaks over 4k') pretty strong while in worse shape.

I've pretty much officially decided that I'm going to forgo the Craig Cup race Wednesday evening. It just wouldn't be wise, pure and simple.

Weather was unseasonably warm today, with highs in the lower 80s. Cool down expected in a few days, which will be welcome.

No comments: