Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sidelines

Ran 3.11 miles (5K) @ 7:34/mile pace

I had originally planned on taking a rest day today, but opted to get in a little run before the high school's cross country meet. I felt a bit sluggish, even though the pace was faster than I wanted to run. I kept telling myself to slow down, but it didn't do much good. Still, my legs feel fine and it was a good tapering run overall.

It's starting to hit me now that the Vermont 50 is just days away and I'm getting excited. I'm sure it's going to be a great experience and I'm really looking forward to it.

So, after my run, I went to the meet. Our team did great and ran very strong.

After the high school meet, I went to the Craig Cup cross country race to cheer on several members of my running group who were competing. Emma got first woman, and the rest of the guys all seemed pretty happy overall with their performances. It was very difficult to watch this race and not participate in it. Very, very difficult. But I made a wise choice by not entering and I'm sure my legs will thank me for it this Sunday.

No comments: