Sunday, September 17, 2006

Trying to Take it Easy

Ran 5.67 miles @ 7:56/mile pace.

The Vermont 50 is a week away, so the plan is to take it easy all of this week. Holding back on my pace on my shorter runs is almost always really difficult for me. I managed to hit my first mile split at 8:28, which was good. The rest were a touch under 8-minutes a mile, with the exception being mile 4 which I accidentally ran in 7:16. Overall, I was pretty happy with how I slowed it down. My normal pace for this route is usually between 7:20-7:30 per mile and I've done it as fast as 6:51/mile.

Despite getting down into the 40s again last night, it warmed up quickly. It was already in the mid 60s and humid out by the time I finished the run. It's supposed to cool down significantly again next week.

I'm now leaning towards not running in the second Craig Cup 5K cross country race this Wednesday evening. You have to compete in all three of the races in order to place in the overall rankings. However, I'm now thinking it's a wise sacrifice to make. My legs feel a bit more overworked at this point than I'd like and the Vermont 50 is a bigger priority.

No comments: