Thursday, November 02, 2006

Mini Yasso Workout

Most Thursdays will be my days for speed workouts. I'm in the finishing stages of recovery, so I shortened today's Yasso workout by only doing three splits. The way I did it was run 800m around the track (two laps), then do a recovery lap where I'm running quite slow, then repeat. I've heard different variations for doing Yassos when it comes to the "rest" periods, but I think the way I described above is beneficial and easy to keep track of.

My splits on the 800s were 2:55, 3:03 and 3:08. I was shooting to hit between 3:05-3:10, so I guess I did okay. The ultimate goal is to get up to 10 reps for the Yassos and maintain a 3:05-3:10 pace. Definitely obtainable.

Do I like this workout? It's weird. I think running around the track is pretty boring when I'm doing it. But I always like it afterwards and think "Jeez, did I really not enjoy doing that?". Regardless, I have to boost up the VO2 Max and that's the important thing.

No comments: