Thursday, January 25, 2007

Five in the Books

Ran 5.0 miles @ 8:00/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Weather: 18 degrees, sunny.

Nothing flashy about today's run. Just an easy five miles for recovery. It's about all I had time for today, since I have grad school this afternoon/evening. I wasn't very keen on the idea of an early morning run today given that is was sub-zero at my house when I woke up.

Legs felt pretty good today. Tired, but nothing like the pillars of concrete at the start of yesterday's run, but the low mileage and slow pace were welcome just the same.

Tomorrow we might not even make it out of the single digits for a high temp and it's supposed to be very windy to boot. I'm fighting a bit of a head cold, so if it's too insane with the weather tomorrow, I may opt to just rest.

4 comments:

MB said...

that's a bummer about the head cold. yes, the cold weather is a different animal to acclimate to and still proceed with training.

You mentioned the Mid-Winter Classic relative to your schedule. Maybe, reconsider, a few points: No need to race, measured miles, other participants, blend it in with your long run plans. What I mean about blending is running the course twice, etc. Some run it before and then use the race environment as an effort to feel a push that one would experience at the end of a marathon. Just some thoughts.

Love2Run said...

At least the cold isn't going to last too long (both the one in your head and the one outside). Be safe rather than sorry!

Olga said...

I like Mark's idea on doubling the course with support and people. Here many do it often as training. I should implement it too. I did it back in NYC, but only for twice-a-10k stuff. Works fine and it's fun to do with somebody so the main goal is not forgotten.

Jamie Anderson said...

A good suggestion for sure. I'm giving it serious consideration.