Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Legs Said No

Ran 5.7 miles @ 8:05/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Weather: mid-20s, snow and sleet.

I had intended to do a long run today, but knew from the start that might mean trouble. My legs simply said "no way". It's a bit disappointing, but at the same time, I'm not terribly worried about it. The speed workouts this past week have been very beneficial, even if they did burn up most of the hay in the barn and I didn't have enough left for today's run. The long run will simply have to wait until next weekend.

The weather today was actually kind of fun to run in. The roads really weren't that bad at all, and the Goretex jacket kept me dry and warm. At the end of the run, my Garmin was coated in ice. If we get enough snow by tomorrow, some cross country skiing will definitely be on the agenda.

3 comments:

MB said...

smart move, my run on the ice\snow recently set my achilles back for a week!

Love2Run said...

You're smarter than most of us. My brain does not communicate well with the legs and is usually able to ignore the signals. But the long run is still important. Get er done next time!

Olga said...

You know, legs sometimes are cruel like that:) Hope they get over it soon!