Friday, January 19, 2007

A Run I Needed

Ran 14.3 miles, including 7.0 miles @ 7:04/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Weather: lower 30s, partly cloudy.

After a week that started off with some crappy running, it was nice to get in a workout that I felt good about. Took the first mile in at 7:42, then pushed in the throttle a little more.

Times for MP segment (miles 2-9):
7:14
7:03
7:14
6:58
6:55
7:05
6:57

After that, I continued on for another 6.3 miles at a 7:43/mile pace. Great run. Worth noting that the first two miles felt very difficult, but the run was easier as it went along, especially during the MP segment. I was tempted to get in more miles at MP, but thought better of it since I have a long run this weekend and this run was already a pretty good distance.

Ended the run in the dark, but I had my reflective vest and headlamp with me so I felt safe. Those two items really give good piece of mind. Chaffing was also not an issue whatsoever (very thankfully).

3 comments:

Andrew said...

That is some solid training. All systems are go.

Love2Run said...

Your MP runs seem to go so easily. Now a steady diet of long runs and you will be good to go very soon. Nice job!

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Very nice MP workout. Well done.