Friday, March 30, 2007

5K Jaunt

Ran 3.1 miles @ 8:54/mile pace.
AHR - 144
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 50s, sunny, windy.

Just a small 5K today after work with some fellow teachers. They took off while I was putting some stuff away in my car, so I kicked up the speed a little (~6:00/mile pace) to catch up with them a half mile later. That felt really good to do so. Afterwards, I hung back with one of the guys who was slowed a bit by shin splints which was good since my knee felt a tad more sore than the previous two runs. Still, it wasn't that bad.

Tomorrow I'm planning to take the road bike out, which I'm really looking forward to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the bike ride today. It's beautiful out and should feel nice to be out there. Though take it easy. No more injuries are allowed.