Saturday, June 02, 2007

20 Miler

Ran 20.0 miles @ 8:27/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 154/172
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
80 degrees, very humid.

I ran my 10 mile loop twice, getting in twenty miles. Felt really good. First 17 miles were a breeze, but the last three were a bit tough and I ran/walked that last stretch. It didn't help much that the diluted Gatorade I drank at the halfway mark settled in my stomach and my body didn't want to absorb it. I'm surprised I didn't barf. Also very hot out, and I haven't done this distance in a while. However, I'm quite pleased all things considered. This route is uphill for four straight miles during one stretch, and I had to do that twice. Nice to know the remaining rust is disappearing faster than donuts on Rosie O'Donnell's plate.

6 comments:

Runner NYC said...

I'm so glad to hear it!! I'd love to run even half that distance at your pace! You're really getting better! I hope your knee didn't give you any trouble!!

Love2Run said...

Very good(I think)! You just jumped into a 20miler with no build over several weeks? Brave man on a newly re-constructed knee. RICE man!

Andrew said...

Talk about being back in the game. Good show.

Olga said...

OMG, you mean you just ran 20 after a knee surgery, like, a month ago?? Man, you give me hope...and show me who the real crazy is:) Ice!

Anonymous said...

After your run you sounded happier than a fly in poop.

Michael Jay Dotson said...

Jamie,
If you can pull of this 100 mile thing on a reconstructed knee I’m going to dub you the “Bionic Runner”.
Train smart.