Thursday, June 14, 2007

3 With XC and Pre-MWRR Thoughts

Ran 3.0 miles @ 7:43/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 143/160
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Lower 60s, mostly cloudy.

Did a little tune-up run today with the high school XC team I help coach. We've started voluntary practices to get ready for next season. Good to run with them again, we should have an excellent team next year.

Shin splints are subsided slowly but surely, but I also haven't been icing and stretching them out as much as I should. That is on order from here on out. I don't have time to mess around as the clock ticks down to the VT100. Legs and body are otherwise in great shape and I'm feeling strong.

Mt. Washington Road Race is also in two days. Very much looking forward to it. It'll be an interesting barometer to compare this year's time with last year's time (1:39:04). I can see good arguments for a better or worse time this year (experience and training missed, respectively), so I honestly can't even guess how I'll do. It's of little matter though, as I know it'll be fun. I'll be joining my fellow Trail Monsters, Ian, Emma, Mike, and Andrew for the race, and a special thanks to Jeff who is going to drive us down afterwards.

Rest day tomorrow. Race report will be posted on Saturday afternoon for those that are interested, and another training report will be posted sometime in the late hours of Saturday night, or possibly early Sunday morning if I'm too tired afterwards. Until then, happy running.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Good luck this weekend - I bet you'll beat last year's time!