Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Getting Published, New Car

Thought I'd use today's rest day as an opportunity to share some good news. I found out today that Marathon & Beyond magazine will be running (pun intended) a story I wrote in the next issue. It's a human interest story about my first marathon experience at the MDI Marathon in 2005. I'm very honored they selected my story, and it's a cool feeling knowing I'm going to be published. Another case story I wrote for my last class in grad school could be published soon as well. Sweet!

I also purchased a new car today, a 2007 Dodge Caliber. Got a terrific deal on it and love the way it drives. Lot's of nifty features as well, like a beverage cooler in the glove box.

Here's a pic of my new ride, and a pretty funny commercial for it as well (forgive the double post of the latter, I goofed). Hee hee.


6 comments:

Love2Run said...

That's cute! I have a warm fuzzy feeling already ;-) Hey congrats on your story in M&B. I can't wait to get the inside scoop on this race!

MB said...

looking forward to your article in M&B, congrats on both fronts new car and all

Anonymous said...

The car looks great on the road too! It looked so quick and smooth flying by me this evening as I was dragging along attempting to run. It made me wish I was in the snazzy looking car with air conditioning.

miss petite america said...

a car with a beverage cooler would spell trouble for me...as what else goes best in a cooler besides beer?

congrats on getting published.

Thomas said...

Congratulations on making it into the M&B, by far the best running magazine out there.

Devon said...

That is awesome. I will have to hunt down a copy.

Great car! Me and my mini are shaking in our running shoes.