Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A Lesson Relearned

Ran 5.6 miles @ 7:30/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 156/175
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 60s, partly cloudy, muggy.

Memo to self: Eating a fried haddock sandwich with fried onion rings an hour before a run is not a good idea. How could I be so stupid?! Well, it was a good wake-up call to get my diet more in order. The first few uphill miles of this run I felt like a slug. However, once I hit the downhills, I started feeling better and I let'er rip.

Mile splits and elevation chart as follows:
8:05
8:12
7:42
7:13
6:57
6:18 (last .6)



Felt good to get in those last few tempo miles, even if I did have the aid of gravity. Worth noting that we had severe thunderstorms pass through this afternoon, and I didn't think I'd be able to get in a run today at all. Thankfully, the skies cleared up, allowing me to get in a good workout.

2 comments:

Runner NYC said...

That sandwich sounds yummy! But, it doesn't seem to have hurt you too much running, though - you certainly had a bit of get-up-and-go at the end there!!

RunSueRun said...

Howdy Jamie! I've heard of a runner who used to intentionally eat high-fat Mexican food an hour or so before running in order to "toughen her up." Yikes. Anyhoooo... I supposed you could consider it all part of your training plan. :)