Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Running With the Monsters

Ran 7.5 miles @ 7:53/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 162/176
Trails.
Extremely hilly.
Upper 60s, mostly cloudy.

I met up with the Trail Monsters for a trail run at Twin Brooks in Cumberland. Rolling hills throughout the course, providing an excellent workout. I was happy to finally meet TC face-to-face for the first time, after exchanging emails and blog messages with him regularly for half a year. TC might also be my pacer for the Vermont 100, which would be fantastic as he is good company. Ian, Jim, and James (another VT 100 entrant) and TC's dog, Eli, were also there. Eli did a great job and literally ran circles around us during the entire run.

Felt great throughout the run. Started to feel like I was running out of gas a little after around five miles. Not bad, but just a little tired. We really cruised fast on a lot of those hills. James and Jim had to take off at that point, but Ian, TC and I continued on. We went a little slower, and I felt stronger at that point. Good signs for sure. Very happy with my progress, and looking forward to the Mt. Washington Road Race this weekend.

1 comment:

MB said...

Nice double the other day. I used to do these down in Tampa, a six mile run commute each way along Bayshore and a SpinBike workout at lunch.

Good luck at Mt. Washington, am jealous!