Sunday, November 04, 2007

Turkeys Galore

I fought off my Sunday morning lethargic mood and got in a pretty decent run. Great morning for it. Noel has headed north, and the storm left sunny skies in its wake. By the way, nothing impressive in my neck of the woods. Just some wind gusts near 40 mph and about an inch of rain.

First mile is slightly rolling and then it climbs steadily for the next two. When I got to the top, I counted 19 turkeys in a field off the side of the road. Cool to see.

Pleased with how my heart rate has been looking the past few weeks. I'm seeing some improvement overall. Nothing drastic, but definitely there. Good signs.

Planning on running tomorrow and delaying my rest day until Tuesday, since we're supposed to have a cold rain then.

Ran 5.6 miles @ 7:31/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 152/168
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 40s, sunny, breezy.

1 comment:

Runner NYC said...

That is sooooo cool!! I don't think I've seen 19 turkeys in a supermarket!!