Thursday, January 10, 2008

Running to Work and Back

I was out the door at 4:45am to run to work this morning and also ran back home. Good 26.4 mile day. Nice to do so while we're still in this January thaw as the weather is supposed to become more seasonable within a few days.

Morning:
Started off very windy. A few miles into the run, I dropped a glove and the wind carried it quickly away from me, forcing me to turn around and run quicker to retrieve it. By the time I climbed the hill that roughly marks the halfway point, I noted that the wind had died down significantly. Felt good.

Ran 13.2 miles @ 8:32/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 142/158
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 30s, clear skies.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, refl. vest, beanie, gloves (off and on)

Afternoon:
I grew pretty sleepy by the end of my last class, and hoped it wouldn't affect the run home much. Fortunately it didn't. Felt overdressed for the first few miles but as the clouds grew and the temps dropped a little, I was dressed just right. Felt stronger than I thought I would for the push home, but I'll welcome the rest day tomorrow all the same.

Ran 13.2 miles @ 8:19/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 146/160
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 40s, cloudy.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, refl. vest.

6 comments:

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

I hope, for your students' sake, that you were able to shower before classes.

That is on heck of a day.

Olga said...

4:45! I thought I was a hero getting up and out at 5 am:) 26M during work week day is awesome!

Love2Run said...

That is an amazing day. How is it you live the perfect distance away from school to make it a marathon day? Nice!

Andrew said...

At first I didn't think I was reading the post correctly. Then I remembered whose blog this was...

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

...Good 26.4 mile day...

Now that's a nice get the chitt done WS is a coming training day...Great Job Jamie!!

and LOL to Andrew

Devon said...

you never cease to amaze me....