Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tagged

So, I've been seeing this questionnaire going around on other folks blogs, primarily trail runners. The deal is you answer the questions and "tag" another person or two and they have to do the same. Devon tagged me the other day, so here it is!

1. 2007's most memorable moment on the trail...
During the Vermont 100, my brother and father met me and my pacer and good friend Chuck at the aid station at mile 77. After downing some soup pretty quickly, Chuck and I were off. We ran down a hill and across a pasture as the sun began to set. It was beautiful. As we crossed the pasture and were getting close to the woods on the other side, I heard my brother yelling from the top of the hill, "C'mon! Pick up the pace!" This made me laugh. So many great moments during that race, but for some reason this one stands out the most.

2. Best new trail I discovered in 2007...
Probably the network of trails right in woods behind my house. Challenging terrain, beautiful woods, ponds, swamps and tons of wildlife. I've seen bear, deer, mink, barred owls, bald eagles, turkeys, porcupines and beavers out there to name a few.

3. My best performance of the year...
Without a doubt, the Vermont 100.

4. I don't know how I previously survived without...
Larabars. Tasty, healthy, and organic.

5. The person I would most like to meet on the trail in 2008...
Devon (see you at WS!)

Stephen, Ian and Chuck... consider yourselves tagged.

I'm back to running tomorrow. Gave my lungs an additional day to clear out today. Good to go.

No comments: