Monday, February 25, 2008

Hittin' the Hills

Another warm day today, which was welcome on the first day back from winter break. I was anxious to get out today, and once again was very tempted to tack on more miles, but I stuck with my plan. Something that helped do this is the Fat Ass 50K us Trail Monsters are running this weekend at Bradbury Mountain. We'll be running a 10.6 mile loop three times, and it's guaranteed to be a lot of fun. See Ian's blog for more details if you're in the area and are interested in joining us for even part of the run.

Nice enough weather to run with the Moeben sleeves I own. Though a cold snap is ahead after the next snow storm (starting tomorrow), spring is right around the corner, and I'll have more chances to wear these bad boys. Nice in that their versatile in that you can peel them right off and stick them in your pocket if you get warm. The gel pocket is also nice. Great piece of gear. And I'll admit it, I think they also look pretty darn cool (mine are camo).

Back to my run... went well for the most part. Calves felt tight on the initial ascent. Took my legs about four or five miles until they felt warmed up, but after that I was coasting. Unfortunately, it was time to start heading back around that time. At least this was one doozy of a hill run. Good hills that take advantage of the back roads near the school I teach at.

Cough is improving significantly. I suspect it'll be gone in just a few more days.

Ran 7.7 miles @ 8:04/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 151/166
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
40 degrees, partly cloudy.
Long pants, short sleeved shirt, Moeben sleeves, beanie.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Yup, that's hilly.