Thursday, August 21, 2008

Biking to Work

Another gorgeous day today, so I opted to take the bike in to the school to get some preliminary work done before the year starts. The rides to and from went great. Energy felt good and both rides felt effortless.

I've been eating healthy and taking it easy the past few days. It's helping, that's for sure. I just have to continue to be disciplined and not do anything crazy with the workouts for a little while.

In the meantime, I've really been enjoying the book, "Bind Man's Bluff: The Untold Story of American Submarine Espionage". I'm nearly done with it, but I don't want it to end.

Total Miles Biked: 26.4

To work:
Biked 13.2 miles @ 15.5 mph/avg (23.6 mph/max)
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 70s, sunny.
Bike shorts, sleeveless shirt.

From work:
Biked 13.2 miles @ 17.2 mph/avg (36.6 mph/max.. wheeeee!)
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 70s, sunny.
Bike shorts, sleeveless shirt.

2 comments:

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Great job on the biking. It should help with the recovery without getting too anxious to run.

Hey, I've got a OTP from the very early days of...well, I'm sure you can guess where it is from. It was used in training.

During the '80s the Russians couldn't afford the printing costs and re-used their OTP's. Needless to say, this was very helpful to the US intelligence community.

mindy said...

Sounds like you're taking care of yourself - you've definitely earned some time eating whatever the hell you want though! Well, now I know what's next on my reading list...