Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Blasted Garmin

The Garmin Forerunner was acting up today, and I didn't wear my other watch so I tried to convince myself today's run was going to be a "Zen run" where those things didn't matter. I didn't do a great job convincing myself, so I hope the Garmin behaves in the future. It kept shutting off on its own, and I thought the battery was dead until I got home and found out it was indeed charged up. Hmmmmm. Appears to be working okay now though.

Anyway, I figured out the mileage when I got home. Just a paltry 2.8 miles, when I had hoped to do at least four. Bah.

However, it was nice to run from the school again, now that the year is getting started back up. It officially began yesterday, and we were over in Augusta for a seminar. I chose to run right from the school this afternoon, since often times if I wait until I get home I get distracted and sometimes don't follow through. It's worked great for me the past few years.

Ran 2.8 miles @ ~9:00/mile pace.
Trails.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 70s, sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

2 comments:

pathfinder said...

I have problems with the Garmen in trails. it does not record the milage properly...I end up with a lot of long strait lines on the map or complete gaps.
Pathfinder

Phil said...

At times I think that technology is the bane of running.

Hope your Garmin behaves in the future.