Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Bradbury Mountain Breaker - Plug

As I sit here on a rainy day, listening to a pilot on my shortwave radio getting instructions on how to repair an on-board toilet (I'm not kidding), I figured this would be a great time for a late plug of a race this Sunday here in Maine.

The Bradbury Mountain Breaker is a nine-mile course consisting of two loops up Bradbury Mountain. I've run the course a few times and while Bradbury is more of a glorified hill than a mountain, it will kick your butt. It consists of steep trails interlaced with non-stop roots and rocks, making it very technical and very challenging. Very beautiful area also, as anyone who has been to the park before knows. It will no doubt be a lot of fun for all who are running in it!

Race is on Sunday at 9am. Cost is only $16. More information can be found here.

I'm not running in it, but will be working the registration/runner check-in and also the finish line. Please say hello if you see me there!

2 comments:

R. Ian Parlin said...

Thanks for the plug Jamie. Registrations are coming in fast and furious this week, so it looks like there should be a good turnout on race day. I hope everyone likes mud!

Garry said...

Shouldn't that pilot be flying the plane instead of fixing the toilet!