Saturday, August 09, 2008

A Good Little Run

A short jaunt around the Wakefield loop this morning. Played the pace by ear and it ended up being a progression at an easy pace. Tight right hamstring for the first two miles, but after a brief stop for a stretch it felt totally fine.

Quite pleased with the heart rate. It's still higher than normal, but it's getting there.

Mile 1: 8:29 HR - 126
Mile 2: 8:17 HR - 140
Mile 3: 8:15 HR - 141
Mile 4: 7:47 HR - 150
last .6: 7:02/mile pace HR - 161

Ran 4.6 miles @ 8:02/mile pace
AHR/MHR - 142/167
Paved roads.
Mostly flat.
Mid-upper 60s, partly sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

4 comments:

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Have fun at Bradbury tomorrow.

I haven't had time to get the 2m rig set up yet. I will hopefully be getting the QRP rig set up soon as well for a little CW.

Anonymous said...

Recovery is fun. My heart rate has been high, especially during the Beach to Beacon. I was shocked each time I looked down.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Nice Run Bro... have a fun time supporting Bradbury tomorrow.

Speed Racer said...

Looks like a perfect day for a comfy little run. Isn't it nice when the pressure's off and you can just... run. Then again, if I'd done what you just did, I would need at least 2 years' recovery, and then an offseason.