Sunday, September 28, 2008

New Shoes and Insoles

I took the past three days off, so it was little wonder why I felt great for today's run. The legs felt fresh and I was full of energy. Pretty hyper, in fact. I kept the pace slow, but I still almost felt like this kid:



I also bought a new pair of shoes, Asics GT2130s, and this was my first run in them. They feel just like the discontinued GT2120s I've been running in the past few years, thankfully. I can't tell the difference. One thing is it looks like the top of the shoe at the toes is a bit more reinforced. This is good, as my last pair of GT2120s developed a hole at the top where the fabric meets the rubber.

I also bought a pair of Superfeet insoles for my plantar fasciitis. Whatever shoes I wear, whether for running or work, I plan to put use these in them. For today's first run with them in, they felt comfortable. I didn't feel the plantar fasciitis at all, and could tell they were offering more support. Of course I want to say that this will kill the PF for good, but that's the emotional side talking. Logic dictates only time will tell, but still good to know this first run was a big success.

It was raining throughout the run, but nothing too heavy. Hurricane Kyle is off the coast. It won't mean much for my area other than adding to our already high rain totals for the weekend, but further up the coast, two other Maine bloggers and a Canadian have a bit more to worry about.

Ran 11.3 miles @ 8:11/mile pace.
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Lower to mid 60s, light to moderate rain throughout.
Shorts, shorts sleeved shirt.

10 comments:

Blaine Moore said...

I just picked up a pair of 2130s yesterday, but I haven't run in them yet. Maybe next week sometime. I haven't used the 2000 line for a while; my last pair were either 2090s or 2100s.

Erin used the green superfeet to combat her plantar fascitis, and they've worked out well for her.

Love2Run said...

Just enough time to break them in for MDI! It's still very quiet here (before the storm).

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Good to see you rested and get in a good run.

Go ahead, let the emotional side take over and kill that damned PF while the logical side sits around waiting!

mindy said...

I just tried on the same Asics - it's the same model as my road running shoe. Ended up going with a different pair, though. Good luck with the superfeet. MDI coming up soon!

Pamela Ann said...

What great energy to have. Thanks for the recommendation on the insoles. I will hae to try them. I'm new to your site. I run in Jax, FL. I'll keep in touch.

Damon said...

What made you skip the VT50 yesterday? Your PF, or just not up for it right now? It ended up drier here in VT than I expected, but I imagine the course was at least somewhat muddy.

Jamie Anderson said...

Damon - a little bit of both. I was still going to go to root some friends on but felt a relaxing weekend at home was needed.

Random Blog said...

Dear Cheerful Runner - I am a little confused...
should I thank you for sharing a great childhood video from the archives? or.... Is that just a random video of a future Ultra Runner?? Either way - most enjoyable thanks!!
Cathi

Jamie Anderson said...

Just a random kid... long live YouTube! :-)

robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.