Sunday, September 21, 2008

Twenty One with Chuck

Chuck and I met up at Pineland Farms this morning and got in a good 21 mile run. Though I've seen Chuck at most of the group runs, I haven't actually run with him for a good stretch in quite some time, so this was nice.

We had a grand ole time chatting away and also spotted two hawks. One was unidentified, but pretty cool since it was carrying off it's prey (couldn't tell what it was) as it flew off. The other was unmistakably a red-tailed hawk. It was perched on a sign post and flew away as we approached.

I felt okay during the run. Not great, not terrible, just so-so. I felt the PF more during the start of the run, but less so as the run went on. Even then, it wasn't too bad. Energy-wise, I've felt better but have felt worse. Was glad to get in the miles though and not really struggle, though I did feel tired at the end.

Ran 21.0 miles @ 9:40/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Upper 30s to mid-60s, sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt, Moeben sleeves (morning).

5 comments:

Grellan said...

Glad to hear the PF eases with distance which should bode well for MDI.

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Hey, nice to see you go long with no trouble from the PF. As Grellan said, this bodes well for MDI.

MB said...

PF is like that once warmed up, but you're a pro so you probably know it'll hide, let's hear what it feels like tomorrow morning.

Love2Run said...

Hay is in the barn as they say. Take care of that foot.

Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Great workout. Twenty-one miles would do me in. I echo the remarks that I am glad that your plantarfascitiatis appears to be getting better.