Monday, November 03, 2008

Pace Dictated by Heart Rate

Ran a recovery run today, with the goal of keeping my heart rate in the mid-130s, and not worrying about the pace. It went well. Followed it up with a set of strides.

I planned my rest day for tomorrow to make it easier to vote. This week will incorporate more of the Pfitzinger plan, and next week even more. After that, I hope to be at cruising altitude in terms of following the plan in full (for the most part).

I put a poll up in the upper right part of this blog, just for fun. I'm hoping to have a new one each month, so long as I can come up with something that I deem worthy enough. Check it out, why don't you?

Ran 5.0 miles @ 8:45/mile/pace, followed with 10 X 100M strides.
AHR/MHR - 136/150 (excludes strides)
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 40s, overcast.
Shorts, long sleeved shirt.

3 comments:

Luc said...

Ran short run in 55F weather here in Ohio and I wore shorts... Cool poll. :)

Love2Run said...

it was 2C but the cold wind made me put the pants on! I'm curious how you handle the Pfitz program and think you'll like it.

pathfinder said...

OK...how can 31% chuck their shorts at 40-45 degrees? That is just crazy! 30 degrees makes much more sense.