Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Tough Start, Good Finish

Today the Pfitz plan had me doing ten miles with five miles at my 15k to half-marathon pace. Tough workout, at least for me, but it went well.

However, it didn't start so well. Felt a little off sync during the two mile warm-up, and then the first two miles of the speed workout were really tough and I was struggling. However, after that, the last three actually felt much easier as they went along and increased in speed as a result. Hit the speed portion splits in 6:57, 6:58, 6:54, 6:46, and 6:43.

Last three cool down miles were quite enjoyable, knowing I got in a good workout when I wasn't sure I was going to hold on. I think I just need to allow myself an extra mile or two to warm-up for these type of workouts.

Ran 10.0 miles @ 7:34/mile pace (includes five miles @ 6:52/mile pace).
AHR/MHR - 152/170
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid to lower 40s, mostly sunny, breezy.
Shorts, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Great workout!