Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bradbury Mountain Run

Great run this morning on some new-to-me trails near Bradbury Mountain. Met up with Stephen and Blaine at 7am, and we got in a bit over four miles together. Stephen helped counsel me on some WS100 issues and I feel more confident about things now. Thanks bud.

We eventually headed back to the parking lot to meet up with Ian and Lilly, and her dog, Echo. Together we set out on some snowmobile trails that I hadn't run before. It was nice to run through some woods and countryside I hadn't seen before, and the terrain was very challenging. Steep, steep hills, which gave me a good workout and also served to remind me that I have some work to do. At least the snow was very well packed down from the snowmobiles. Very ideal.

I turned around after a bit, satisfied with my mileage while the others went on. I accidentally hit the stop button on my Garmin for about a mile, but was still able to hopefully calculate the mileage accurately.

Ran 11.5 miles @ 10:03/mile pace (not sure about pace accuracy)
AHR/MHR - 149/165
Trails with packed snow.
Extremely hilly.
Lower teens to start, mid-upper 20s to finish, sunny.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

2 comments:

Olga said...

Jamie, I haven't been to here in a century, but the header picture is SWEET!!!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Good job Jamie, and good news on getting some more WS insight...keep that mental belief strong !!