Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2 for 22

Had a great day of running today. Did a double and felt strong on both runs and got in a total of 22.0 miles. Foot continues to improve. It felt pretty good for the morning run and even better for the afternoon run. Just confirms to me that Monday's flare up was indeed the result of forgetting to put the heel lift in.

Morning
Hilly route and tackled it feeling good. Morning started out cool but warmed up very quickly, and it was very humid as well. The long sleeved shirt I was wearing became overkill and I rolled the sleeves up and downed most of the bottle of the water I was carrying with me.

Ran 9.0 miles @ 8:23/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 142/154
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 40s to mid 50s, overcast to mostly cloudy, foggy and humid.
Shorts, long sleeved shirt, refl. vest.

Afternoon
Still felt fine and energetic. Cruised along and the pace was only a few seconds slower per mile than the morning run, and it came easy. Started to cloud up, was glad I beat the rain that's expected a bit later.

Ran 13.0 miles @ 8:27/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 147/157
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 50s, mostly cloudy to overcast.
Shorts, singlet.

5 comments:

Love2Run said...

That's good to hear. I was worried that your foot was going to become a major issue, which is something you don't need just now. Good luck in your prep for WS!

mindy said...

Sweet!!!!

John said...

good news on the foot not being much of an issue.

It was cold (in the 40s)and windy for my run here today. Which means that will be your weather tomorrow! But 80s expected for Friday and the weekend! :-)

Thomas said...

Hi Jamie, sorry for not managing to meet up in Boston. Had I known that you were at mile 10, I'd have tried to spot you. The sheer number of runners made it rather difficult to pick anyone out, didn't it?

I'm glad your foot seems to be behaving. That's great news.

Damon said...

Jamie,

You are going to be in amazing shape nine weeks from now. It's good to see you putting up such good workout results.


Damon