Friday, April 24, 2009

Hitting the Trails Out Back

After the past several runs on the roads, I was looking forward to hitting the trails this morning. I really enjoyed being out in the woods, especially with the weather as perfect as it was and the deer flies won't be around for another month or so.

I took it really slow on purpose to ensure I have energy for the long run tomorrow. Many sections of these trails are quite rugged and don't really allow for much speed anyway. Legs actually felt really good this morning, as did the energy. As a result, I was able to mosey along and enjoy the scenery, which included a couple of turkeys and a hawk of some kind.

Ran 8.2 miles @ 10:35/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 133/159
Trails, fire roads.
Very hilly.
Lower to upper 50s, sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.


1 comment:

Ryan said...

Cranking the miles out - nice work..now how about some fly fishing.