Saturday, June 06, 2009

Ossipee Hill Repeats

Final long run before the taper went extremely well. I had planned on doing three repeats up and down Ossipee Hill (1050') but felt really good so I ended up doing four for a little over 20 miles. More importantly, steep climbing and descending throughout. I really wanted to give the quads a good workout today, and they got it.

I parked at the base of the mountain and got under way. Beautiful day out, but someone was working at the firetower on the top so I opted not to climb the steps to get above treeline for better pictures. Oh well, probably would have lingered too long if I had.

Great final hard workout before the taper. Was really happy I did this workout, I felt it was perfect. Stoked to feel really strong and energetic throughout. Hopefully everything will be enough for the big day in three weeks. But the hay is now in the barn, so we'll see!

Looking southeast:



Looking northeast:

The firetower:
Ran 20.2 miles @ 10:05/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 147/162
Dirt roads, jeep roads, trails.
Insanely hilly.
Upper 50s to lower 70s, partly cloudy.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

7 comments:

Sparkplug said...

What a great day to be out doing a repeat run with nice views at the top - even if you didn't get up the tower!

RICK'S RUNNING said...

WOW! Know thats what I call a 'HILL SESSION'!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen anyone in the tower before- kinda cool! Nice run. You rocked that hill.

Andrew said...

Mountain goat.

Grellan said...

Looks like a great workout Jamie. Counts for a lot of hay in my book and just what you need for WS100.

Love2Run said...

Now that's a profile of a near perfect run. Now just don't burn the barn down before it's time to go.

Thomas said...

Love the elevation profile. Now REST!!!