Thursday, October 08, 2009

Barefoot in the Park

The cross country team was running varying distances and routes around the school, so I opted to run loops on the grassy fields at a park where they would appear out of the woods here and there while I ran. Did a mile warm-up in shoes to get to the park, then 5k barefoot. Afterwards, shoes back on, ran with a couple of the girls for a short while on the way back to the school.

Have to drive up to Lewiston tomorrow for a conference. Would like to drag my butt out of bed early (very early, a la Andrew) and get in a run before I head up. More rain expected in the afternoon. Not sure which is the bigger deterrent for me, super early run alone or soaking run in cold rain... so we'll see what actually happens. If I wuss out entirely, will punish myself over the weekend.

Ran 1.0 miles @ 8:26/mile pace with shoes (Asics GT-2140). AHR/MHR - 136/152
Ran 3.1 miles @ 8:28/mile pace barefoot. AHR/MHR - 140/152
Ran .8 miles @ 8:51/mile pace with shoes (Asics GT-2140). AHR/MHR - 136/154
Total miles: 4.9

Paved roads (first mile), grassy fields (barefoot), fields and trails (run back).
Slightly hilly.
Upper 50s, partly sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

Sonhasrisenrunning said...

You always keep in decent shape even when fighting off injuries!