Friday, November 06, 2009

Five is Good

I had considered doing more miles today, but decided last night it would be better to take it easier since I plan on doing a long run on Sunday. I've gotten in a few runs into the mid-teens since the comeback from injury, and feel ready for a 20 miler. However, I don't want to overdue this week's total mileage, so just doing a little over five today made more sense. Not being stupid about pushing things much has been paying off, so no need to buck the trend.

Tomorrow I likely won't run since I'm volunteering at the Stonecat 50. Several friends are running it, including my Trail Monster Running buds Ian, Chuck (both doing the 50-miler) and Mindy (doing the trail marathon). Good luck guys!

Ran 5.2 miles @ 7:35/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 152/164
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 40s, partly cloudy, breezy.
Asics GT2140, shorts, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

Grellan said...

Jamie, your recovery has come on great which is evident by the increasing speeds and reducing heart rates. Great to see the barefott running pregressing well.