Sunday, November 22, 2009

Good Recovery Run

I got some errands done earlier this morning, and by the time I was done the temperatures had warmed to the lower 40s and I swung by the local high school's athletic fields for a barefoot recovery run. Most of the frost on the fields had just melted, so it was perfect timing.

As I did my first lap I heard someone say "Hi Jamie!" as I neared the track. Turns out it was April, a literacy coach I know through education circles. She had a good plan of running the track with a friend to make it easier to keep an eye on her two kids, who played on the inside of the track while they ran.

The run felt great. No real soreness from yesterday's long run, which was somewhat surprising. Was glad to see the heart rate nice and low as well. Good signs.

Tomorrow will likely be a rest day, but I may delay taking a day off until Tuesday. I'll play it by ear. I'm off work Wednesday through Sunday and am only traveling 150 feet to Neighbor Kate's for Thanksgiving, so there will be plenty of time to get in some quality runs this upcoming week.

Oh yes, and a huge congrats to my friend Devon for winning the JFK 50 and setting a new course record! Super cool person who is full of life and obviously very talented!

Ran 5.2 miles @ 8:30/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 133/146
Grassy fields.
Very flat.
Lower to mid 40s, sunny.
Barefoot, shorts, short sleeved shirt, Moeben sleeves, cap.

No comments: