Monday, November 02, 2009

Hansen Ridge Loop

With the high school XC season pretty much over, I can focus on my own running now. It was nice to be able to run the Hansen Ridge Loop from the school again. The fun part about this route is that you run uphill the first 2.5 miles, with the incline getting steeper until you get to the top. After that, it's a steep downhill, followed by a less drastic uphill, then a rolling dowhill to the finish.

I was actually happy to run on roads and not trails today for two reasons: A) it's hunting season. B) My toe would be happy not to kick any rocks. Felt great today, and was glad my toe felt fine while running.

I've been getting in a lot of quality runs the past few weeks. However, the quantity has been lacking. Hope to pick that up now that I have a bit more free time. My goal is still to work up to just doing 40-50 miles a week, maintain that when the snow starts flying and supplement it with equal time XC skate skiing.

Ran 7.1 miles @ 7:23/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 159/172
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 40s, partly cloudy.
Asics GT-2140, shorts, long sleeved shirt (sleeves pushed up after a few miles), short sleeved shirt.

No comments: