Sunday, November 08, 2009

Shortened Run at Pineland

Awesome weather made it an especially great day for a run. Met up with Stephen, Jim, Lilly, Al and Nicole at Pineland Farms to hit the trails. Cool to start with temps in the upper 30s, but by the time we were done it was already near 60.

I had planned on 20 miles, but decided to cut it a little short. Reason was simple enough: hunger. My dinner last night was light and so was my breakfast this morning, and by mile 10 I was starving. A Gu at that point helped for a few miles, but by mile 13 I was really hungry again, and now my pace was dropping. So after second loop, the call of a chocolate milk and a cinnamon scone at the Visitor's Center was too enticing and I called it a day.

I'm a little disappointed at not getting in the 20 miles, but not a big deal. I'm still making good progress overall. I'll get there, and next time I try to go long, eating a bit more properly should help.

Ran 16.4 miles @ 9:23/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 142/163
Trails.
Very hilly.
Upper 30s to upper 50s, sunny.
Brooks Cascadia 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt, Moeben sleeves (rolled down after six miles).

3 comments:

Blaine Moore said...

I got 14 or so in at Pineland this weekend, and didn't run yesterday. Great weather, though, and still the longest I've run since I injured myself this Summer. (No sense in rushing back too fast is my thought.)

Trail Boy said...

When the chocolate milk calls, you have to step up and answer.

BTW, I love your map technology. What GPS/software system do you use?

Jamie Anderson said...

Trail Boy, chocolate milk is so satisfying after any run! I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 and SportsTracks software, which allows you to overlay tracks over Google Earth. Then I simply export the pic.