Thursday, December 03, 2009

Mt. Hope

Ridiculously unseasonably warm weather today (mid 60s), but I can take comfort in knowing that Old Man Winter will be back in town in a few days. With that in mind, I enjoyed what is hopefully the last hoorah of the warm weather we've experienced overall this past month. Hopefully things will rebound with lots of snow, as I'm itching to use my XC skate skis.

Anyway, ran up Mt. Hope today, which is really more of a glorified hill. Still, it's a buttkicker, with a ridiculously steep climb, followed by rolling hills, and a sharp downhill then pretty flat to the end.

First three miles heading to the base of the hill felt rather sluggish. I had really hoped that the rest of the run wouldn't be a slog, but after I reached the top, I felt warmed up and the rest of the run was rather pleasant. Didn't push the pace, but still ended up with a nice overall pace for this route. Nice to be sub-8, don't think I've ever done this route below that.

Ran 11.0 miles @ 7:57/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
Mid 60s, variable clouds.
Asics GT-2140, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: