Sunday, December 13, 2009

Snowshoeing

My original plan for today consisted of more Nordic skate skiing, but I had to scrap those plans. Reason being, the snow on the athletic fields near my house was much deeper and crested with ice, making it virtually impossible to ski on. Way different than the athletic fields at Twin Brooks unfortunately, but so be it. I'll be getting a season pass at a XC ski area near my house soon. They should be opening soon, if they're not already.

So, plan B was in place to snowshoe with Neighbor Kate in the woods out back. She just got a new pair yesterday and was eager to try them out. It was a good time, we just went at a pretty leisurely pace and enjoyed the woods, seeing several deer beds and tracks. I love how quiet the woods are in the winter.

Snowshoed ~ 3.5 miles.
AHR/MHR - N/A
Trails with unbroken snow for roughly half the trek (8"-12").
Slightly hilly.
Upper 20s to mid 30s, partly cloudy turning to overcast.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves (off and on).

No comments: