Monday, January 04, 2010

Better Than A Treadmill

With all the snow we've gotten in the past several days, I knew the roads around the town I teach in would be bad. So, I opted to run figure eights around the high school and adjacent junior high school, each lap totaling a little over a mile. That's better than the treadmill.

Ran 8.1 miles @ 8:20/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A
Paved roads coated with slush.
Slightly hilly.
Around 30 degrees, partly cloudy.
Asics GT-2140, long pants, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

2 comments:

runperryrun said...

Glad to see I am not the only one running in the snow. I have tried the treadmill, but I just get so bored. So I like you hit the snow at pedestrian paces of 8min per mile. Keep rockin the roads

EJReagan said...

Now that's running. Leave the treadmill for the stress test.