Saturday, January 23, 2010

Farther and Faster

Best day of skiing yet. Both the fastest and farthest skate ski I've done to date. I had a big assist from awesome trail conditions though. It was perfect out there at Harris Farms today.

I hope this doesn't sound egotistical as it was just a funny thought that occurred to me on the ride home, but I imagine the past few weeks as a montage from an 80's movie, showing clips of my floundering and poor form at first, but showing improvements as it goes along, all set to a cheesy song that makes generous use of synthesizers. Today could mark the end of the sequence, with what I felt was much better form and technique (though still far from perfect).

I really focused on my uphill form today, and felt I did much better. I was able to V1 up the hills much more efficiently, to the point where I was actually looking forward to the uphills, just like I do in running. Great day.

I'll be capping off the week tomorrow by attending a biathlon clinic. Looks like a great opportunity to learn more about the sport. Two hours of instruction and practice, followed by a low-key race. Sweet!



Skate skied 20.5 kilometers @ 11.0 kph/avg.
Trails, packed and fast.
Very hilly.
Lower 20s to lower 30s, sunny.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

middle.professor said...

20K is rocking Jamie. Conquer the hills and its all downhill after that!