Thursday, January 07, 2010

Not Sure What I Was Thinking

I don't know why I opted to workout inside today. It was nice outside... sunny and relatively warm (lower 30s). But yet, I brought only indoor clothes with the mindset of working out in the school's gym this afternoon. While it was a good workout, I think my line of (not) thinking was kind of stupid.

Anyway, did the elliptical for 30 minutes, while cranking Eisbrecher on the iPod. Afterwards, I tested out the school's new treadmill for a mile. I'm not fond of these things, but it was a good way to also cool down. I'm not used to running on them so I kept the pace very slow.

Also, I wore the Vibram Five Finger Sprints. This drew curious reactions from both students and the other staff. I couldn't help but notice the students were much more open minded overall about the logic behind wearing them. Smart kids.

Elliptical: 6.4 miles in 30 minutes. Random hill setting. Level 10 of 16.
Dreadmill: 1.0 miles in 10:00.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you created some sweat! Could have just blown it off.

I've been reading your blog via RSS for a while now. Enjoy it. I'm a barefoot/minimalist runner in NJ. (and I hate treadmills)

Have a good weekend!