Saturday, May 22, 2010

Busted Hub


A nine mile ride yesterday had somewhat of a sad ending.  I busted open the hub on the front wheel of my bike on a rocky section of trail.  Fortunately, this happened when I was only a half mile from home and I was still able to ride the bike home, albeit veeeeeeery slowly.  Took the wheel to the bike shop yesterday for repairs, and it should be ready to go by Monday, at the latest.  

That aside, it was a good ride.  And on the running front, I'll be able to start running again next weekend.  I can't tell you how excited I am about that!  Foot feels great, and I'm sure I could run now, but no need to push it.  

Worth noting a few deer flies were out, though not really a nuisance.  They're out a few weeks early this year, normally they don't show up until early June. 

Thursday:
Mountain biked 9.0 miles @ 9.8 mph/avg (27.9 mph/max). 
Trails, dirt roads, some paved roads. 
Very hilly. 
Upper 70s, sunny. 
Shorts, short sleeved shirt. 


No comments: