Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mt. Agamenticus

I've run here a few times and it's always really kicked my arse. I have now mountain biked here and it also really kicked my arse. Great workout pushing my bike up insanely steep and rocky trails that were impossible to ride up. Slow going on most of what I could ride, with the exception of a fun downhill at the start down a dirt road and another, more technical descent off the summit along the Horse Trail and then the Ring Trail back to the car.

I forgot my Garmin so I downloaded the CarioTrainer app on my phone (Android). It seemed to work pretty well, though I screwed it up at the summit and didn't record the trek down back to the car, so I'll have to guess at my stats a little.

Along the trail.


Summit.


Mountain biked around 4.1 miles @ ~5.0 mph/avg (~23.0 mph/max).
Technical trails, one section of dirt road.
Extremely hilly.
Upper 50s, sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I haven't ridden there yet. I think Kevin thinks it might be too technical for me. I've run there many times and I can see that it would be very challenging to ride! Sounds like fun to me!!!