Saturday, July 31, 2010

10 On A Nice Cool Day

I had the goal of running a very hilly ten mile loop at a moderate pace, but maintaining consistency with each split. Obviously, that means a bit more work on the uphills and/or slowing down on the downhills. I had originally planned to do the splits in the 7:50s but... yeah well... you know... 

I did maintain the consistency easily, despite a slightly faster pace. I kept reminding myself to put on the brakes. Normally, I would just let it ride and push it, but I'd rather save that for tomorrow. Plan is to do a loop that's a little over 14 miles down to the river and back, and run it at marathon pace. The route is a little less hilly than today's, but still has some good ones in it.

Worth noting the weather is awesome out. Finally, a real break from the awful heat and humidity we've had for much of this month. Dry and cool air... so nice!

Ran 10.1 miles @ 7:43/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 60s, partly sunny. 
Saucony Kinvaras, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.



No comments: