Thursday, July 29, 2010

Easy Evening Run

After a late afternoon nap, I managed to finally get out the door around 6:30pm. Nice thing about this was it was cooler and the air was dryer, thanks to a cold front that pushed through. Looking forward to having more seasonable summer temps the next several days.

Purpose of today's run was to take it easy on the pace and get in some mileage. My quads were a bit sore, which I think is a cumulative effect from yesterday's race and Sunday's long run. Nothing bad though.  Was nice to just run along pretty effortlessly and let the mind wander. 

Days are definitely getting shorter. Very long shadows by the end of the run. Makes me think of autumn, my favorite season. Still a couple of months until we're there though. 

Ran 9.2 miles @ 8:21/mile pace. 
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 70s to lower 70s, sunny. 
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, short sleeved shirt. 

1 comment:

Grellan said...

Great 5k Jamie. Although I reckon you had more in the tank with that opening 6:07 mile don't let the Garmin slow you down. With last weeks Yasso's your training is certainly going in the right direction.