Thursday, July 01, 2010

Slow Deer Flies

Cool weather today, with lows in the lower 40s last night and highs only in the upper 60s.  I knew this would make trail running in the afternoon a bit more pleasurable in terms of deer flies.  They were out, but not as numerous and moving pretty slow.  As a result, I killed nine of the little bastards.

As for the run itself, I felt a bit sluggish.  Not horribly slow for the trails I was on nor was I bonking, just not so energetic.  I think it was in part from not getting as much sleep this week as I normally do, but also the week's workouts might be catching up to me a bit. Might adjust tomorrow's plans and do an easier run, but will see how I'm feeling.

Ran 7.7 miles @ 9:13/mile pace.
Deer flies killed: 9
Trails and fire roads.
Very hilly.
Mid-upper 60s, partly cloudy, breezy.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

1 comment:

MB said...

love the title and story can't stand those little pesks either