Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Squeezing in Runs When You Can

AM:
Very busy schedule today, with it being open house night at the school. I woke up early (4:30am) and got in 5K as a safety net, not knowing if I would have time for an afternoon run. I had originally planned on five miles in the morning, but basically wanted to have a little extra time to get ready for the day so figured 5K was better than nothing. 

Saw a pretty incredible meteor while I ran. I was looking up admiring the stars, when a blue flash of light streaked across the sky. It actually sparkled a bit, and left a long trail in its wake. It then broke up into three or four pieces and disintegrated. Really neat to see. 

Ran 3.1 miles @ 8:28/mile pace. 
Paved roads. 
Slightly hilly. 
Around 50 degrees, clear skies. 
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, long sleeved shirt, headlamp. 

PM:
XC practice ended a bit earlier than usual, giving me time to get in another four miles. Took it really easy at first, but the pace naturally picked up a bit, which was nice to see. Recovery from Sunday's race is going very well, but I'm still going to take it easy until the weekend. 

Ran 4.1 miles @ 7:44/mile pace. 
Paved roads. 
Slightly hilly. 
Lower 60s, partly cloudy, windy. 
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, short sleeved shirt. 

No comments: