Saturday, October 30, 2010

Belfast

I was up in Belfast today for the Maine High School Cross Country Championship meet. Our team did really well, placing 8th out of 16 teams, which we were really happy with. Many of our kids also set PRs, which was great. Good time!

And, I got there early and ran the course before the races started and tacked on a little extra as I ran to the start line. The coach from Gray-New Gloucester joined me and we ran together, chatting away and I really enjoyed the conversation.

Really liked the course. It's fast, but still challenging and a lot of fun to run on. Kept the pace pretty easy, but was pretty surprised it was as fast as it actually was. Looking forward to a longer run tomorrow.

Ran 3.2 miles @ 7:51/mile pace.
Trails.
Moderately hilly.
Lower 40s, overcast, windy.
X-shoes, shorts, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: