Thursday, October 21, 2010

Early Morning Run

I woke way earlier than usual, at 2:30 am, and couldn't fall back asleep. Milled around a bit and then decided it'd be smart to do my run now. This worked out well, as we could have another rainy afternoon. I'm also way behind on grading, so it's nice to free up my afternoon a bit to get caught up.

Run went really well. Legs felt fresh and no soreness was noticeable, not even in my quads. Taking the last three days off was really smart.

All runs between now and the Stone Cat 50 on November 6th will be short and slow to allow for somewhat proper recovery. Goals for Stone Cat? Just have fun. I feel I have nothing to prove with this race and no monkeys to get off my back. After taking the MDI Marathon super seriously, it'll be fun to just do a race and enjoy it with no pressure. I've volunteered at this race the past several years and it's a really fun atmosphere, so it's the perfect race to do so.

Ran 2.9 miles @ 8:11/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Around 30 degrees, clear skies.
Brooks Mach 11, long pants, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, refl. vest, beanie.

4 comments:

ashleyjane36 said...

We were up at the same time! I was rolling around with full leg cramps...glad to hear that you feel good. I'm not sure what's fun about running 50 miles, but I'm glad you'll enjoy it!

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Smart move to get a full recovery, I messed up after London by ignoring the coach and got straight back into training racing- big mistake.
End result was a poor second marathon, so this time I followed orders and had 3 weeks real easy, just doing some strides at the end of some of the runs to help bring life back into the old legs!
Feel much better for it :]

Love2Run said...

2.3 miles at 2:30am? Wouldn't it be smarter to get more sleep? Glad to hear you've come through unscathed. Enjoy the rest of the season!

EJReagan said...

Have fun at Stone Cat. I've run it the past two years, but just comong bacl flrom surgery and I'll miss it this year. It's a great race to run for fun. As you're well aware.
Eddie