Tuesday, October 05, 2010

The Garmin is Acting Up Again

Feeling significantly better compared to yesterday, not that the cold I have was anything big to begin with. However, unfortunately my Garmin 305 is once again not feeling so well. Not locking on the satellites. I tried a soft reboot, hard reboot, and updated the firmware with no luck. Will do some more research though before I go on another rant, just in case.

However, I knew the route was exactly five miles from the school, and the chronograph still worked on the Garmin. It was kind of hard running by feel. I thought I was keeping the pace easy and guessed around 7:45/mile, but it turns out I actually averaged 7:32/mile. Oops.

Ran 5.0 miles @ 7:32/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 60s, overcast, breezy.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

4 comments:

Love2Run said...

Hard to take it easy isn't it? Enjoy while it lasts!

mindy said...

Jamie, if you want to borrow my garmin for the marathon, just let me know...

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about your Garmin Jamie. Maybe you can figure it out though instead of buying a new one. I would be ticked as I bought mine a year ago and it cost a pretty penny so I think we as owners should expect it to work long enough for us to get our moneys worth! Good luck

Thomas said...

Running 7:32 when you think you're doing 7:45 is a very good sign - you're getting strong for your upcoming marathon. Just make sure you don't do that too often.