Thursday, October 07, 2010

I Like Turtles

Taper schedule called for a short track workout, consisting of 6 X 800M repeats at 5K pace just to help maintain VO2 Max levels. I'm not sure what my 5K pace would be now, and while talk is cheap, I bet I could break 19:00 at this point, so I shot for around 3:00 for each rep.

It went really well. I suspect opting out of active recovery between reps in favor of 2:00 rest helped. Still, it felt really easy.

During the cool down, I found a baby snapper turtle crawling on the track. The little guy was no more than 2" long. Picked him up and moved him to the creek near the track where he'd be safer and more at home. Then I stayed and watched one of my student's soccer game on the field within the track. Good day.



w/u - 1.0 miles @ 7:38/mile pace.
6 X 800M repeats 2/ 2:00 rest in between: 2:54, 2:56, 2:59, 2:54, 2:56, 2:56
c/d - 1.0 miles @ 7:20/mile pace.
Upper 50s, partly cloudy, very windy.
Brooks Mach 11, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOL on the little zombie!

Good for you Jamie in rescuing the baby snapper. I do that all the time, much to my kids horror if they are driving with me, but now they do it too so I guess I influence them even if they won't admit it.

Glad to see you are still on track with your tapering and saving wild life too so it's a win/win situation. ;-)